Turn up the heat, please!

by Lotoya Vongrechin on August 8, 2013

Oh the joys of summerIt’s the month of August, right?  I had to ask, it’s beginning to feel a lot like fall around here in Detroit.  For the last few weeks it’s been in the mid to upper 70’s, below average for this time of the year.  I’m not ready to hibernate my sun dresses and open toes, I must admit August (my birthday month) is when I rush to cram in all my summer outdoor activities.  Grilling just because, spending every waking moment on the patio and laying out in the sun at least once.  Today’s inspiration board is all about the joys of summer with family and friends.  A summer can’t go by without a day the thrill of Cedar Point, enjoying a night of fireworks or attending a beautiful summer wedding.  I have a few more activities I need to check off my summer things-to-do list.  What about you, what have you been up to this summer?  Leave a comment, I’d love to hear.

photo credits:  Patio, Detroit Fireworks, Grilling, Roller coaster, Beach Picnic Bag, Pool Dive, Popsicle tub, Party in BHLDN Dress

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Precious Richardson August 8, 2013 at 11:27 am

We share the same birthday month! 😉

Donna Snyder August 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I feel the same way here in Baltimore cause it has not been very HOT. I love that is all about summer.

Courtney - Alpha Prosperity Events August 8, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Lotoya, you already know how I feel about summer, can’t wait to see it go, lol. Houston and New Orleans summers are just hot and humid. Yuck. Great for the skin, but not for the hair. But even with all that, I must admit, I do enjoy those summer activities.

Bianca - RSVP by B Wedding & Event Planning August 11, 2013 at 12:51 am

I also share an August birthday with you – this summer’s weather has been a little off, but it’s been an amazing summer filled with weddings – I am ready for beautiful fall weather, gorgeous fall weddings and of course a little bit of football 🙂

Shatasha - Sophisticated Events by Shatasha August 12, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I am in Atlanta, and there is no doubt that it is summertime here. The humidity is rough, but I love it.

Pam Durham August 12, 2013 at 11:21 pm

It’s been super hot here in Texas BUT I have loved every minute of this season from the beach to the ice cream to keep cool.

Nancy A. August 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Ode to Summer…it’s been raining almost everyday here in Atlanta, but that won’t stop me from enjoying all of Summer’s activities.

Party Accents August 20, 2013 at 11:20 am

I used to live in MI, and those trips to Cedar Point were certainly memorable. It’s been a warm summer so far for us, definitely not like the 100+ degree weather we had in the past though. Happy early birthday!